Re: Debug build of X doesn't seem to load XF86Config

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Hi.

As described in the first posting of "Cannot recompile X", I also
compiled a debug build of X.  For this, I ran "./config/util/makeg.sh
World".

When I now run "startx" to start the debug build of X, it seems to
ignore my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  I think so, because if it would load
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, it would read the FontPath entries I specified
there.  Now, both with and without XF86Config, I get the same number of
fonts (xlsfonts | wc -l).  In the build provided by cygwin, there's a
difference if XF86Config-4 is present.

I also tried renaming the file to /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Did I miss something when compiling X?
What's the version number of the xc source are you use?
Perhaps you need update the xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin sources from
 http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/
or try xc CVS snapshots?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar