Re: Where can I find xf86config

Rick Owen wrote:

> Sylvan,
>
> Thanks for the quick answer.  I'm looking at the directions for installing a
> font designed for nedit.  The last instruction says
>
> If you like the font, edit the XF86Config file and add the new subdirectory
> there. The fonts will be available the next time you start a X session.
>
> I don't know enought about X and cygwin to know if I need to do that.  That is
> why I was looking for XF86config. The instructions I was following are at:

The XF86Config file is not installed by default since it's not needed for
XWin. But you can get a sample from
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/XF86Config.bz2
unpack it and place it in /etc/X11/XF86Config. There you can add the nedit
fontdirectory.

@Harold: Can you include the sample file in the 4.3.0 release when you'll
pack it?

NP: Suicide Commando - Never Get Out
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723