Re: Discregard the previous (Re: Rootless and multiwindow)

Viestissä Torstai 20. Helmikuuta 2003 00:28, Harold L Hunt II kirjoitti:

> You remembered to stop running your other window manager right?

Yes, I commented out "wmaker", but still cpu usage is at a 30-100% level all
the time. With a "real" window manager the cpu usage is normal.

One funny thing I noticed when I ran kmail (through an ssh session to my Red
Hat Linux laptop) is that I can't make selected text stay selected if I
release mouse button 1.

But there has been a lot of improvements to Cygwin-XFree since I last time
tried it (6 months ago or so). It feels much faster now although I am using a
slower box (400Mhz PII) than the one I have at work (900Mhz Celeron, which
has the old XFree on it). Then the rootless mode is a feature that has long
been on the wishlist.

--
Anton