Re: FW: Test77 multiwindow mouse weirdness

Nick,

The problem here is not so much the "origin" of the screen; I just used Piers's term because thats what he would understand. The real problem here is that we calculate the useable portion of the screen and we use that as our virtual origin of the screen. This correctly handled staying away from a taskbar that was on the left of the screen before, but the multi-window mode is not using the offset that is calculate earlier in the code.

Granted, using SM_XSCREEN or SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN is still correct, but that isn't really the issue here.

Harold

Nick Crabtree wrote:
Harold,

The assumption that the screen origin is 0,0 is one of the things I had
to fix for the multiple monitors patch. In general SM_XSCREEN and
SM_YSCREEN should _always_ be used to discover the origin (or more
generally SM_XVIRTUALSCREEN ...). In most configurations this will
indeed return 0,0 but it should not be assumed that this is the case.

I had also noticed this problem with multiwindow mode on my twin monitor
set-up. If I set my left screen to be the primary then the origin is 0,0
and multiwindow mode stretches across both monitors. If the right screen
is primary then the origin is -1200,0 and mutiwindow mode only works on
the right monitor.

I was going to have a look at this in a few weeks when I should have
some spare time.

Nick