Re: Using Multiple X Windows

No, the root window is still shown because multiwindow mode is not yet complete. It may take quite an amount of work to hide the root window, or it may be trivial. I have not really looked into it.

Harold

Samir Gupta wrote:
Harold:

Sorry, I did not see your message when I replied to the other one...

Yes, that is the solution I was looking for.  Thanks a lot.

Just a quick question, is there any way to hide the initial window that
opens up after running XWin -multiwindow so that it does not show in my
taskbar?  Exceed has some feature that hides it from the taskbar and puts it
as one of the small icons next to the clock, and so I'm just wondering if
there is any way to do something similar with xwin.  Nothing too important,
but I thought I'd ask :)

Thanks