Minimum functionality for XWin

Hi,

As an exercise in minimalism (cygwin in full is now nearly as big as a
'reasonable' Linux installation!) I have cut down the installed software to
give a XWin server
for remote XDMCP (KDE login to redhat 8.0 and 7.3 servers)
and (using PuTTY as ssh client) to display 'windows framed' X windows on a
XP Pro (SP1) client.
I have managed to get the size of the cygwin installation down to ~20MB (+
PuTTY ~1.8MB).
This includes the 'core' set of fonts and XKB (for gb keyboard in my case).

Directory contents are
cygwin/bin:-
cygwin1.dll  cygz.dll  sh.exe

cygwin/etc/X11
XF86Config  xkb(dir)

cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin:-
libX11.dll  libXmuu.dll  multixwin.bat  XWin.exe  xsetroot.exe

cygwin/usr/X11R6/lib/X11
fonts(dir)  locale(dir)  rgb.txt  xkb

And that’s about all you need! OK if I want to do Unix stuff 'directly' on
my Windows
machine I can't..but I already have linux to work with elsewhere. As a
remote admin. system (KVM substitute?)
it can't be beat.

I'll provide more details (of my hack!) if anyone interested!

Thanks for a great product (especially XWin -multiwindow -clipboard)

Colin