Re: rxvt v2.7.9-04 crashes when an xterm change pixmap sequence is sent.

Carl,

I don't normally use rxvt, but this intrigued me for some reason.  Well,
I've been unable to reproduce your problem (in both the X and the non-X
modes).  I'm running Win2k SP3, with Exceed as my X server.  The relevant
versions are:

$ rxvt -v
Rxvt v2.7.9 - released: 04 OCTOBER 2002
$

And the cygwin1.dll was compiled from CVS today.

This brings up three possibilities:
1) Your pixmap has something wrong with it.
2) This action triggered a bug in Cygwin that is fixed in the latest
   snapshot.
3) This is a bug in XFree86 (as this works under Exceed).

If you post the pixmap you're trying to use, I'll try to eliminate the
first possibility.  You trying out the latest snapshot of Cygwin will
(probably) eliminate the second.  Someone else with XFree86 will have to
eliminate the third (you could also try rxvt in non-X mode to see if this
still crashes it).
	Igor
P.S. The stack trace you posted was absolutely useless without the output
of "cygcheck -svr" attached to the message, since the function addresses
change with every version of the cygwin DLL (and some of them weren't from
the DLL anyway, although the top frame looks like it was).  FYI, read "man
addr2line" and try using it to debug the stack dump.

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune