Re: cygwin-xfree Digest 3 Feb 2003 01:27:14 -0000 Issue 996

Re: What do people use Xfree86 for?
From:
Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu>
Date:
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 00:03:58 -0500
To:
cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

Fred,

I actually use Cygwin/XFree86 to run xfig on my laptop while I am doing my math and computer science homework at the library. That is the most useful local app that I use. Other than that I tend to open XDMCP sessions to my linux boxen so that I can login and use KDE. That's about it.

Harold

Thanks, Harold.  I use VNC for connecting to unix boxes.
I can send it through an ssh tunnel, and it's like mobile
computing (connect from anywhere that has ssh).
Cool nevertheless.  The boundary between windows
and unix is blurring, at least on the surface.

Fred