From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Robert Gottesman
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:26 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Can't open display w/Cygwin on Win XP

Harold ..
>>I have a firewall/VNC product installed,
>>but I don't think that is the problem
My most humblest apologies .. You're right!!!(duh).

I have Wingate client installed on my PC which is an app trying to fool my
other PC apps that there is no firewall (there is a Wingate Server .. Acting
as a firewall)

Bottom line .. When I disabled the Wingate client all worked 100%.

A thousand thanx.

-Bob Gottesman