Use XFree86 on W98 to connect to AIX (WAS: Use XFree86 on W98 to connect to Linux)

If I try the ssh method to connect to an AIX machine (instead of a Linux
box),
everything seems to work fine, I even can open an xterm to display on my
local
XFree86 window.

Unfortunately, none of the remote X applications does accept any
keyboard input.

Any help or hint is very much appreciated
Bjoern Wolf