x-apps larger than my desktop

Hi,

I have windowmaker running on cygwin XFree86. I have a couple of applications that run fine on Exceed, but if I run them on XFree, the windows produced from various menu options selected in the main X-app window are larger than my desktop.

I know that I can press Alt and left/right click my mouse to resize these windows, but it seems strange that they are fired up this way, when the size is constrained within the desktop on Exceed.

Is this a configuration issue that I can fix?

Thanks,

JS.