Connect from Unix to Windows via ssh and start an applycation which is using the windows display

I have the problem to start an application on windows 2000 from a unix host.
I decided to do that task over ssh because of security reasons. The
application has to use the display of the windows workstation.
I installed cygwin on the windows host and configured the ssh-deamon as a
windows service. Now I can login from a linux host to the windows machine, but
I have a problem to start an application with a graphical surface. If I try
to start notepad.exe for example, the shells hangs and I have to stop with
CTRL-C.

If I call a Cygwin-Shell on the windows-host directly and type "notepad" the
application works correctly.
If I try a "ssh localhost" on the Cygwin-Shell I have the same problem as
described above.

Of course I know about the mechanisms of forwarding displays under
unix/linux (like: xhost + hostname, export DISPLAY= hostname:x.x,,... ), but this
seems not to work, because I want to connect to a display of a windows host and
not to another X-Server.

Can anyone help me ?

Axel Bauer

Philips Medical Systems