8 bit fullscreen still problematic

Hello,

I still have problems with 8 bit of XFree86. I'm using the latest version available with setup. Also checked to see if there are conflicting cygwin.dlls and this is not the case. I'm running on an NT4 machine.
I try to start XWin in fullscreen mode with a depth of 8. (Xwin -fullscreen -depth 8).
With engine 1 the XWin crashes.
With engine 2 and 4 is starts up but I only get a black and white display when doing XDMCP to RH7.2 with gdm or to HPUX10.20 with CDE. (screen grabs are available and I will post them on request, around 40KB in total).
The problem is that cadence Virtuoso needs an 8 bit display. I tried running 24bit XWin with -emulatepseudo option but then the program still complains that it can't handle 24 planes.

greets,

|Staf Verhaegen (staf.verhaegen@imec.be) |ADRESS: IMEC vzw. - ASP/LITHO|
|tel: 016/ 281 783 | Kapeldreef 75 |
|fax: 016/ 281 214 | 3001 Leuven (Belgium)|
For every tool there are at least 2 uses: the one it was designed for
and the other for which it wasn't.