Re: Xwinclip doesn't work with Konsole

Hmm...
Indeed, the clipboard thing has been irritating me for a while, can't believe i didn't spot it. Either way I can't get the thing to work yet. When I call XConvertSelection on CLIPBOARD it says there is a message (from select) but then XNextEvent doesn't process any message, very wierd. Primary still works fine.

xwinclip-Test06 actually works the exact same way with Emacs... I am >pretty sure this is just because Emacs 21 finally fixed the way that >the selections were handled. So, I think we can now safely say that if >someone has an application that unhighlights the selection when >xwinclip is running: fix the *?$%ing application!!! :)
I'd have to disagree in a big way. xterm, dtterm, nedit, netscape , and countless other X applictions that behave in the right way won't because xwinclip breaks the standard by reclaiming ownership. I've tested your release with at least the above and it causes functionality issues with anything that uses the selection.

The next qt format will follow motif i.e. select is primary, ctrl+c (or alt+c etc) copies the highlighted text into the clipboard. This is a very standard way of doing things, and more importantly it works properly. "Fixing" them to leave the selection up breaks the normal visual feedback you get with all standard X apps, not good at all.

Arrgh... I am just confused now. Is the unhighlighting of >selections our problem anymore? I am starting to think that it is not.
It is our problem (well anyone who wants to use xwinclip) and it should be fixed. The hook dll doesn't need to be used as XWin can notify the app itself (if you have it inbuilt into xwin then multiple instances of xwin won't work properly together (although I'm not sure they do anyway), i'm talking about running xwin more than once not a screen option).

I can remove the hook by patching xwin to send out WM_ACTIVATE message's to a single xwinclip instance (this of course can be run from within XWin anyway). But I think that's not what you want either.

Chris