Re: xwinclip test 6 hacked to leave selection untouched

Well, if you solution is everthing you claim, then you certainly have not >been promoting it correctly.
It's my fault that you have forgotten it? I don't thinks so. If you did not want to use it then you should have said a long time ago before I wasted days on it.

The impression I have gathered is that it requires hooks to watch >messages for the XWin.exe windows, whereas today's solution does not >require such hooks. I have really been waiting for a solution that does >not require such hooks. If your solution no longer requires such hooks, >then you did a poor job of communicating that fact.
Nothing has changed about it using hooks. Nothing at all. If his solution does work/ not had time to try it out. Then at least the jmp's and signal handling should still be of some use.

Also :

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/xdg-list/2000-October/000005.html

And the reading I did whilst creating the changes would indicate this only happens for applications that explicitly choose it too.

Motif apps don't either it would seem.

Chris