From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On
Behalf Of Thomas Chadwick
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 10:41 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: XWin.exe <--> xinit link

RTFM!  Do "man xinit" from the Cygwin command-line and read the 1st 3
paragraphs.

From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc.gervais@videotron.ca>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:08:07 -0500

Thanks Artur,

     But that's not quite the info I was looking for;

     You see, when I type startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh, I get a
DIFFERENT

result than from starting xinit by itself.

     Yet, xinit does start XWin, only it is starting it in windowed
mode...

Which is OK, but I'm just wondering WHERE does xinit get this from? Is it
executing a script?