Re: X11 and Heavy loadbalancing?

I still don't understand you, but if you want a Java-based X Server, then there certainly is one available. It is called WeirdX and it is available here, licensed under the GPL:

http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/

Harold

choice15@gmx.de wrote:

Yup, I am equally confused.

I am realy sorry

Keep in mind that the X Server is ``serving'' your display, mouse, and
keyboard hardware to applications that would like to utilize them. A
``client'' of your X Server is utilizing the display, mouse, and
keyboard on the X Server by drawing a window and accepting user input
via the mouse and keyboard.

Ok, my Syntax for my Request is an little bit urly wurly.
(I know thadt the Client has the hardest Job on a X-Session,
but it was no clear to me how much is the X-Server involved at this Time)

Alexander is right: clustering the X Server makes absolutely no sense.
How can you server multiple instances of your display, mouse, and
keyboard? Why would you want to?

The I/O Traffic producing by the Apps on X-Serverside (Harddisk access to
the Partitions) I assume thadt a lot of Officeuser thadt would connect to
the X-Server, slow down the
Machine.

With Oracle IFS, (Fileservermodule in the AppServer) the
Filesystemoperations
would be redirect to the Databasesystem (more and faster then ext2/ext3 or
Raiser)
while using the Databaseengine to lookup for the File.

The Idea:

Layer 1:

The Oracle 9i R2 J2EE Applicationserver (Internetfilesystem - IFS-Module)
managing the in-comming Filerequests and handles, takes care vor
Failoversituations and delegating
Requests to other RealApplication Cluster.

Layer 2:

The Oracle 9i R2 Databasesystem handle the IFS-Fileobjects and put it into
its Tablepsaces (Databasefiles and its Pratitions) as an Datarecord (BLOB)

Next Questions:
Ist there an JAVA (or J2EE) Implementation of an X11
Server avaiable thadt can be used for studying?

Is it heavy to implement the Programmlgoic (Functional?) if C/C++ to Java
Translation is necesarry?

Thanks