Re: X11 and Heavy loadbalancing?

choice15@gmx.de wrote:

> The I/O Traffic producing by the Apps on X-Serverside (Harddisk access to
> the Partitions) I assume thadt a lot of Officeuser thadt would connect to
> the X-Server, slow down the
> Machine.

You can only connect one Officeuser to a XServer
             .-----.        .----. .----.
   o         |     |        |    | |    |
  -+- <----> |_____| <----> |    | |    |
   |         ------         |    | |    |
  / \       /      \        |____| |____|
            --------
Officeuser  Terminal          Cluster
            (XServer)

But the Officeuser can of course open several office applications on the
cluster.

> With Oracle IFS, (Fileservermodule in the AppServer)  the
> Filesystemoperations
> would be redirect to the Databasesystem  (more and faster then ext2/ext3 or
> Raiser)
> while using the Databaseengine to lookup for the File.

Cool. But what about the overhead. Store a 2MB file and require 5MB storage
in the database.

> The Idea:
>
> Layer 1:
>
> The Oracle 9i R2 J2EE Applicationserver (Internetfilesystem - IFS-Module)
> managing the in-comming Filerequests and handles, takes care vor
> Failoversituations and delegating
> Requests to other RealApplication Cluster.
>
> Layer 2:
>
> The Oracle 9i R2 Databasesystem handle the IFS-Fileobjects and put it into
> its Tablepsaces (Databasefiles and its Pratitions) as an Datarecord (BLOB)

buzzword overflow error

> Next Questions:
> Ist there an JAVA (or J2EE) Implementation of an X11
> Server avaiable thadt can be used for studying?
                  ^^^^^ do you mean that?
weird X

bye
    ago