Re: X11 and Heavy loadbalancing?

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 choice15@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> At my Connectiontoolprojekt (Win-GUI-Client for Cygwin)
> i have think by my self whats happend if a heavy load Situation is comming
> up and How can it be solved?
>
> Is there an Way to Make XFree scalable or is there an J2EE based Container
> for a Free XFree avaiable thadt can be integrated as Part  of a Java
> Serverapplication-
> Cluster such as ORACLE 9iAS Appserver Modul?

XFree is a implementation of X11. X11 is a server, clients and the protocol.
Which parts do you mean?

> (Oracle self has implemented an E-Mailserver, na Fileserver, an Faxserver,
>  LDAP and so  thadt resides in the Applicationserver Middlewarelayer, thadt
> can be empowered by an Oracle Realapplication Cluster thadt Spans over the
>  Network to other Machines they are Member of the Cluster)
>
> If no Project is launched at this Time then my X.NET Projekt at
> Sourceforge will by Upgraded to this Projektfeature.

I don't understand what you want to do. The XServer is bound to a output
device. So there is no way to let a cluster do the work for it.

The XClients work over network. So there is no problem with spreading them
on a cluster.

If you want to handle a lot of workstations with few compute servers, you
can use the -broadcast to select the first answering compute server instead
of selecting one with -query. The first responding is likely to have a low
load.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723