Two colormaps ?

Hello,
I try to explain my problem.

I have a graphic application running fine on HP-UX, and displaying OK on HP
workstation. I try to have it display (correctly ! ) on my notebook.

The notebook : HP VT 6200 , 15" , 1400x1050 resolution, Windows XP Pro.

I installed Cygwin version 1.3.13-2 including XFree 86   4.2.15
twm is the only window manager installed. So I use it.

The application (staticcaly linked with X11R5 lib) requires 2 colormaps...
and use XtConvertAndStore for various colors. So I need PseudoColor mode, I
use :
	startx -- -emulatepseudo -depth 8 -fullscreen

I rlogin Hp-Ux-Workstation and start the application.
It is mostly OK but ...:
The application opens windows, with drawings... and it is not re-drawn (I
have to ask for redraw through an  application fonctionality) ! Any suggest
whould be welcome !

The other problem is for the drawings requiring the second colormap, of
course.. Is there a way to have it ?

By now, I have only tried Cygwin, but I expect to install Mandrake 9 soon
(but I miss the disk driver !).
May be Xf86config will help ?

 I hope that someone can help me to solve that. (And that my english can be
understood)

Thanks a lot.
Christian