Re: How to set Xresources when using startxwin.bat?

I have found the answer to my question.

Edited the file:
C:\cygwin\etc\x11\app-defaults\XTerm

Added the following line at the top:
*deleteIsDEL:      true

At 02:10 PM 11/8/2002 -0800, you wrote:
I have tried many ways but could not find any documentation on this on the web site or in list archives, etc.

I am using startxwin.bat to launch cygwin xfree86.
There is a problem using xterm unless I use the twm main menu to set the Xresource:
XTerm*deleteIsDEL: true

I would like to have cygwin read this config at startup rather than having to manually set it every time.
I tried adding the above resource setting to:
$HOME/.Xresources
- that file doesn't seem to get read though

Then I found some discussion where people referred to a different location for Xresources:
$HOME/.config/Xresources
- that file is not being read either.

I have also tried putting this setting in the file:
$HOME/.twmrc
- this file is being read by twm just fine, but the twm menu doesn't reflect the resource value, if it is being read at all.

I would appreciate any help on how Cygwin XFree86, XTerm, twm read set resources and what config files are used.
It seems that perhaps there are differences depending on if you start with startxwin.bat or with .xinitrc.
I would really like to stick with startxwin.bat if there is a way to get this working.
Thanks.

Where does

- Greg Keraunen

- Greg Keraunen