Re: Xwin.exe application failed to initialize errors with KDE

cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com wrote:

> >I then installed KDE2.2.2.1 ( I had errors when using
> >the setup.exe download tool, so I downloaded the *.bz2
> >files by hand and extracted them like the instructions
> >said to do), and now XWin.exe and other applications
> >are giving me an error which says "The Application
> >failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)..."

please check if you have more than one cygwin1.dll installed on your
system (search all drives for this file).
If you have more than one of these libraries delete all _except_
c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll (if you've installed cygwin in c:\cygwin)

bye
    ago

NP: Funker Vogt - History
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723