Re: rootless mode and mousing to other windows

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
Well, that is not an opinion that I have ever seen expressed here to date and I have not seen any developer announce that they are aiming to provide such functionality. It has always been my understanding that 99% of people are interested in having MS Windows manage the X Windows windows.
Isn't what the "X client wrapper for Win apps" (win2x, gdi2X, xgdi, win4x, i-don't-know-what-the-name-is-now) is aiming at? It's actually a broader goal than that but one of the result will be that the Windows apps will be managed by the X windows manager.

Gerald, you may want to look at the thread http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-09/msg00181.html (and http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-09/msg00094.html) for further details

Jehan