From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Sylvain Petreolle
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 02:13
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cannot start X

you must have an old copy of cygwin1.dll in your system.
--- Martin Rausche <mrausche@gmx.de> a écrit : > Hello everyone,

I guess this is a common question, but the FAQ didn't help. When I
say
"startx" in the shell, I get a Windows error message, which

is titled

"xinit.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and the according message says
"The
procedure entry point getpwnam_r could not be located in the dynamic
link
library cygwin1.dll".