Re: Uses for Cygwin/XFree86

On 21 Oct, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>  I also use Cygwin/XFree86 to display X forwarded windows via ssh from
>  other hosts... this is more convenient that XDMCP when the remote host
>  is running some crap WM like CDE, or when XDMCP logins are disabled to
>  save processing resources (like at the cyclotron lab that I work at).

At home, my wife uses is to run a nice GUI mail client that's safe from
Windows viruses etc. (since it's actually running on a Linux box),
under Windows 95.

I'm also doing the same thing on my laptop at work, for when I'm off
site and want to slogin to read my email (which again, is delivered to
my Linux machine there).

luke