Re: Invoking rootless mode

Uwe,

There is a preliminary Server Test Series - Test 67 release up at:

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test67.exe.bz2 (~1,225 KB)

I say that this is preliminary because I built it from the HEAD branch, rather than from the 4.2.0 branch. Thus, if you run xdpyinfo it will report a strange version number, whereas the usual releases report 4.2.0.

I am only putting this link up for those few brave soles that want to minimize logging before I can make an official release.

Harold

Uwe Schmidtmann wrote:

Keith D. Tyler wrote:

At the expense of sounding like a picky naysayer, XMouse never worked
consistently similar to any other X wm's focus-follows-mouse behaviour
that I ever used. And it will never work like Fvwm2 SloppyFocus, which
I've become addicted to. :)

Maybe I was not clear enough with my posting (english is not my native language, sorry). What I am running is a combination of xmouse for the native windoze stuff and icewm managing the mouse focus for x11. This is not always flawless, but with icewm using the "nice" scheme windows and X11 almost look the same and the context switch between X and windoze works without having to click or press any weired keys.

This is extremely useful as I use nedit for editing my source code while using borland as a compiler. I am used to nedit for almost 7 years now and had extreme problems with editor integrated in borlands ide when I came to this job.

Sorry for being off topic again...

Maybe Harold Hunt could give a short hint on where to get the xwin.exe version with less logging... Thanks.

Regards and have a nice weekend.

Uwe