Re: how to make startxwin.bat "just like" startx?

You might want to take a look at this recent post of mine...

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-10/msg00091.html

Of particular interest to you might be the stuff at the bottom about how to create a shortcut on the Windows desktop which runs xinit. You could easily change the target to call startx instead.

From: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: how to make startxwin.bat "just like" startx?
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:43:09 -0400

Is there a way to have startxwin.bat behave "just like" startx? I.e.
to have the XFree86 window resulting from running startxwin.bat be
just like the one resulting from running cygwin.bat, and then startx?

I'd like to not maintain two sets of configuration files, so I'd like
to be able to just work with startx, e.g. to have startxwin.bat invoke
it somehow. Can that be done? if so, how?

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/2monthsfree.asp