RE: x apps cant start from bashW

Rupert,

Excellent.  I've had a full disk bite me before too.

However, I was also going to ask why you are using the -g parameter for ssh?
If you just want to tunnel X applications between your two hosts then -X is
all you need (and I recommend -C for slow links --- compression).  Do you
have some specific scenario that requires -g?  No need to explain your
scenario if you have one, a simple yes will do.

Harold