Re: Rootless Mode is an Important and Needed Feature

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Good point Alexander.
>
> On a side note: Why is it that XDarwin has so many people contributing
> code and features (they seem to have an OpenGL-passthrough system now,
> which is pretty amazing), while Cygwin/XFree86 has so few contributors?
>   This seems contradictory because Windows is on 95% of desktops while
> Mac OS X is only on < 1% (~20% of Apple's 5% market share are running
> Mac OS X).
>
> That question will probably always baffle me.

Not really. The people running Darwin are mostly programmers or computer
freaks which want to go other ways than the normal. They know how to code.
Most windows users are - in contrary - only users which want a working
program. They don't like coding. They want a shortcut on the desktop which
starts the program. It must be easy and straight.

Or the other way: people who know to code are able to run a unix (and deal
with all it's problems). They don't need windows anymore. So why should
they code for windows?

bye
    ago
BTW: Don't take this to serious. Just think about it.
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723