Re: RH 7.3

Ben,

I sent you more complete instructions before but you obviously did not read them.
Let me level with you Ben, you are in college or you work for a college. You aren't going to make it very far if someone tells you to read something and you ignore them.

Let's try this again. You have two options for running remote X Clients:

1) Remote sessions via XDMCP
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

2) Displaying remote clients from a telnet or ssh connection:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html

That is it. Everything you need to know is right there. Start off by doing a simple test of displaying a remote client via telnet (as described in 2). Next try to display a remote client via ssh. Finally, if you are feeling brave, try a remote session via XDMCP.

Report what you have learned.

Harold

Benjamin Simmons wrote:

I am only running on a remote network. It is not exposed to the "outside world",
so I don't have any security risks that I am concerned about. If you could
provide me with more complete instructions, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you,
Ben Simmons