Re: New Project (was RE: X client wrapper for Win apps?)

This is a notice to everyone on this list that we will (for a short time at least) be using this list to discuss a new project intended to allow ordinary Windows programs to appear in X-Windows. This is quite different to the original purpose of this list, but was suggested on a discussion on the cygwin-xfree list where it was felt that this was appropriate as the win32-x11 project is no longer being actively developed. See the cygwin-xfree archives over the last few days for more info (and the suggestion in Christopher Faylor's message below)
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-09/)

David Fraser

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Actually, if you want an existing mailing list to discuss this on, you
can use win32-x11@sources.redhat.com. That was Suhaib's list but he's
indicated that he's had to move on and the project is basically dead.
The name even makes a certain amount of sense.

You can use that for the discussion until an actual project name is
chosen. At that point, I'm happy to set up what is required on
sources.redhat.com.

Don't let my pessimism (or Harold's) stop you if you are fired up about
this but please be aware that this will require substantial work,
probably by more than one person. You'll probably need a project lead,
too, if you want this to succeed.

cgf