Re: X client wrapper for Win apps?

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
What about if you use hardware which linux doesn't support (and may
never support)? Certain laptops come to mind as well as other
things, like scientific intstruments.
Good point. I'll buy that.

Explorer is nothing more than a bloated tool that some of us
would rather replace. Just because we don't like one part doesn't
mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water...
Yeah, right. It's far better to cut the baby into pieces to replace the part you don't like ;).

The point, I think, is that some of us want to use the
other 80% of the documented (and undocumented) Windows API w/o
emulation.
Again, this point is moot. WINE is aiming at that. It's not there yet but it's its goal. "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"

So what's the big deal?  Again, we know your stance, I
don't think there is anything you can say that I(we) haven't already
heard.
1. If everybody knows *my* stance, then everybody knows *yours* too so you could shut up too then but...
1. ... *you* knowing my stance doesn't mean everybody knows.
3. If my posts bother you so much, just don't read them. Let me use my right to free speech. Thanks.
4. Give me valid point (like the hardware thing) and I'll just up. API compatibility isn't a valid one since it can be easily fix (more easily that writing a new GDI driver).

Jehan