RE: XFree hangs after first client is started

Carlos,

Sorry I didn't get back to you, but you did find the explanation in the FAQ.
Basically, Aventail does something to the TCP/IP stack that breaks
compatibility with the standards that Cygwin and XFree86's sockets layers
are expecting.  Aventail replaces a couple of Windows DLLs with its own
versions, thus it does not matter if Aventail is running or not, because you
are always passing your sockets requests through their broken DLLs.  If you
ask me, that is simply a design flaw or implementation flaw with Aventail
and they need to fix that.  You, being a paying customer, should demand that
of them.

Harold