XFree 4.2.1 + fontconfig-2

Harold,

(Feel free to tell me that this will be ready when it is ready...)

I was just wondering if you were fixing up a release for the 4.2.1
patchset?  If you are working on this, might I suggest the inclusion
of Keith Packard's fontconfig-2 libraries
[http://www.fontconfig.org]?  The suite provides enhanced support and
capabilities for using truetype fonts.  There are one or two issues
with it, mostly having to do with the fact that the XFree dll's
aren't versioned [i.e. libXt-1.dll, etc.].  Is there any way to build
the core dll's with versioning information incorporated into the
runtime library's name?  The reason for this is that Keith has bumped
Xft to v2, but it is both source and binary incompatible with Xft v1.
 However, Keith has provided a compatibility library, Xft1, to deal
with this, but has kept the base names the same (libXft).  On
linux/unix, this works fine because the runtime libraries are
appended with versioning information.  On Cygwin, however, the
libraries clobber each other.  What do you think?

Cheers,
Nicholas