Re: XFree hangs after first client is started

Hello Harold,

Thank you for your reply.

Even though those two boxes are not running a
software-based firewall, they both are the only
boxes with a software VPN installed called
"Aventail Connect". We use the VPN by manually
starting it when we need it, but it is not running in
the background continuously.

During my tests the VPN is not running though.

Now, is it conceivable to think that this VPN
tool might have installed its own socket library
that may "bootstrap" all communication requests,
and act only on those that need to be encrypted
when I use it, letting the other requests pass
down to the standard Windows library?

If the above is accurate, could you give me an
explanation on how the XFree server might be
affected by software firewalls (or a VPN) and
the tweaks they might do to Windows' comm.
layer?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

- Carlos