Re: xwinclip re selection polling

There is some obvious cleaning to do here. First, is to use only tabs or only spaces (don't remember which one Harold uses). Having a mix of space and tabs is a big mess for people who don't use the same tab size (8 vs 4 vs 3 vs 2).
I'll figure which one's are used and change the stuff accordingly. I thought I had it set, but I didn't check it on another text editor or even cat.

Some files (windproc.c at least) has a huge number of spaces/tabs at then end of line (see KillXWinclip function ).
That's one thing I rarely check for, wouldn't take much either way.

Some files don't have indentation at all (kill_xwinclip.c) or barely (kill_xclip_hook.c). As you said, there isn't much to them anyway so it's not a huge task to clean them but that will still help others who would want to look at the code. Also, even if you want to get rid of them, you don't know how long they will stay. There was once a guy who said that storing the date with only 2 digits was be good enough, that by the time we would get to 2000, the software would have been replaced and corrected... you know the end of the story ;)
Good point, I'll clean them up either way then resubmit. I will have a look at integrating it to XWin anyway. It would be another interesting way to keep my mind active.

I don't know how much of the problems are yours or from the original code (never looked at it) but it would be a good thing to have that cleaned in any case.
I saw different formating in the files but it could just be the way I've setup NEdit. Again I'll have a crack.

What about trying to integrate xwinclip inside XWin? It would fix this problem since you don't have to create the Hook. You just have to add a call to the owner thingie in xwinwndproc.c file. It would also allow to get rid of the two files you want to remove ;). Last, it would reduce the size of the Cygwin/XFree to-do list (a killer feature for Harold ;)).
As I said I'd be up for that. Just of out interest did you try the changed version? I'm quite interested to know if it works properly on other machines.

Thanks for the feedback.

Chris