Re: building XFree86 from cvs

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:48:05 -0400 (EDT), "Harold Leatherman Hunt II"
<huntharo@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

>Well, I can't offer any help because I have no idea what you are doing.  In
>order for me to help, or for me to even investigate this problem any further,
>you are going to have to follow, exactly, the instructions for compiling that
>are in the Cygwin/XFree86 Contributor's Guide
>(http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/).

I have, except for the folders. I'm compiling into "obj-dbg" and
"obj-rel" for debug and release versions respectively. Doesn't matter
whether the build is (makeg.sh)debug or release: failures are at the
same points.

>You will then have to be very clear
>about whether you are cross compiling or whether you are building on Cygwin,

Building on Cygwin. NT Workstation SP6a RC1.28. CYGWIN="binmode ntsec
codepage:oem"

>and you will have to tell me the precise step in the Contributor's Guide
>instructions that you start to have problems at.  You will also have to send in
>your World.log file (which will be generated if you follow the CG
>instructions).

Step 7. "make World" which for the most part works. It's simply a few
".exe" extensions getting added which are causing make's dependencies to
fail. Typically foo.exe.exe but sometimes foo.exe.blah.

As Alexander suggested, I performed (my first ever!) diff of my
Imakefile alterations against CVS tonight. It ought to precisely
identify the problem even if I've made a complete mess of doing them in
the required format.

>I simply cannot spend time debugging each developers command-sequence that they
>use for building.  You've got to stick to the prescribed sequence in order to
>get help from me.

Fair enough.

--
swamp-dog@ntlworld.com