Re: [wm-user] x-windows opening up too large

What application are you running? Most X applications allow you to pass a
geometry string on the command line to specify a location and width and
height.

For example, to start xcalc with a width of 200 pixels, height of 300
pixels and positioned in the upper left corner:

"xcalc -geometry 200x300+0+0"

Or to position it in the lower right use:

"xcalc -geometry 200x300-0-0"

Or 10 pixels from the left and 20 pixels from the bottom:

"xcalc -geometry 200x300+10-20"

Keep in mind that the width and height specified do not include the window
decorations added by the window manager. So if you use width and height ==
to screen resolution, the application will be slightly larger than the
screen.

Hope this helps.

-casey