Re: replies to xfree

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 10:46:43AM -0400, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>Dennis,
>>
>><http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>
>>
>>Randall Schulz
>>Mountain View, CA USA
>>

>>At 05:23 2002-07-22, Dennis Foreman wrote:
>>
>>>Shouldn't replies to a list automatically go to the list? My replies
>>>seem to
>>>be going to the personal mail of posters. I believe there is a setting in
>>>many list servers that prevents the replies from going to the poster.
>>>
>>>regards,
>>>D. J. Foreman
>>

>And to all those involved: Note that the ``reply-to'' question is one of
>those matters of religion that we will not be discussing on the
>cygwin-xfree mailing list.
>
>A decision has been made regarding the ``reply-to'' behavior for this
>list.  No amount of persuasion/discussion/rants/questions/etc will
>change this decision.
>
>Therefore, this thread is pronounced officially dead at 20020722 1046.

Just one last spasmodic kick: You should see a "Mail-Followup-To" header
in email to cygwin-xfree.  It should be set to cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com.
Apparently some mailers honor this setting.

I also have my mailer set up to always set the Reply-To in messages to
the list since that is my personal preference.  People *still* go out of
their way to add me to CC lines but at least I only get the purposely
clueless sending me email now, rather than the people who just hit 'r'.

cgf