Re: [packages] gtk+, glib, imlib

You read my message correctly the first time.  I do not have enough time to
work on glib and gtk+.  You are more than welcome to work on them.  I think
that Nicholas might want to work with you on them.

I wasn't wrong afterall =)
(I didn't read the reply until after sending my reply)

Plus if you commit to maintainership of 1.X, then it is
assumed that you will be working on porting 2.X.  Are you ready for this
responsibility?

I would actually have the same problem with not having enough knowledge.  I am
sort of an interesting person though... I tend to gater, filter, and absorb
information/knowledge faster than most people, and I tend to do something
productive with that info quite quickly.  That is not to say, however, that I
have 10 to 20 hours to mess around with glib and gtk+.  :)

Well, given enough time I can digest knowledge quite good, but it happens that I'm trying to get a university degree (I never understood english degree names very well, but it is that kind of degree that you take from a university you enter at the age of 19 and you exit a teorical minimum of 5 years later) and many other things... so time is just the scarce resource.
But if it does compile OOTB like Corinna says and if no one expects me to release gtk+2 tomorrow... I could well commit to mantainership.

Of course anyone with more time / knowledge / will could take my place as it wants 0=)

I love watching big projects and I love seeing them pass milestones.

Yeah, I just love it.
But even if they're way too big fishes for me, I can't just sit in a corner a watch (this leads to my many filled bugs in bugzilla.mozilla.org, my mantainership of rsync and other cygwin packages, my small contributions to freebsd ports, and the such). =)

off-topic... nothing to see here.  Move along.  Move along.

Not true, cygwin is pretty big and pretty good ;-)

(yeah, still waiting for someone to do "80 hours of work" for the rootless XFree =P)

Lapo

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)