Re: Using the new cross compilation system - and a request for help

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> Why is this naming convention being used?  That is a relic of B20, we
> shouldn't use that anymore.

Don't know. Once upon a time, i started building the crosscompile gcc,
binutils and so on and catched the first name i could find. The cygwin
target is called i686-pc-cygwin32 on my machine. It's just a simple name.
For example, the SuSE folks used i486-suse-linux as name for their
compile target, which is effectivly the same as i686-pc-linux-gnu (as
it's called now on my machine).

Don't think to long about this name, it's just used on my machine and in
the rpms I created for the crosscompile gcc.

bye
    ago
BTW: With the new 64bit AMD processor, two different targets might exist
i786-pc-cygwin32 and i786-pc-cygwin64 :)
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723