Re: [ITP] FreeCiv-1.12.0-1 for X (using libXaw)

--- Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it> wrote:
> The following message is copied from message wrongly sent to
> cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
>
> Now Nicholas Wourms has ported libXaw3D so maybe I should do a 1.12.0-2
> to use it... or maybe two separate binary packages are better?
> One for libXaw (that is default) and one for libXaw3D?
>
> I think one binary package can be sufficient.

There is the fact that libXaw3d is less then 1/2 of MB.  Just use it, as
it looks much nicer then plain old libXaw.  Besides, libXaw3d is shared
whereas libXaw is not.

> Maybe I'll do a different binary package using GTK+, as soon as it's
> ported, as ilbXaw version looks much worse.
>
> ----------------------------
> My first try, it uses libXaw, which is not as good-looking as GTK (but
> is GTK available as a cygwin package?).
> I've seen the client crash one time, dunno if it's normal or usual, I'll
> do more tests.
> Please notice that when the client hangs the server is still up so the
> play can continue opening a new client and reconnectiong.
> This package needs zlib as it includes support for compressed savegames
> and/or scenarios.
> This package needs libintl2 as it already includes support for many
> languages.
>
> http://www.lapo.it/tmp/freeciv-1.12.0-1.tar.bz2 2.32Mb
> http://www.lapo.it/tmp/freeciv-1.12.0-1-src.tar.bz2 3.93Mb
>
> @ freeciv
> sdesc: "Freeciv is a multiplayer strategy game"
> ldesc: "Freeciv is a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which
>
> each player becomes the leader of a civilization, fighting to obtain the
>
> ultimate goal:
>    To become the greatest civilization.
> Players of Civilization IIŽ by MicroproseŽ should feel at home, since
> one aim of Freeciv is to have compatible rules.
> Freeciv is maintained by an international team of coders and
> enthusiasts, and is easily one of the most fun and addictive network
> games out there!"
> category: Games XFree86
> requires: cygwin XFree86-base libintl2 libiconv2 zlib
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^--You'll want to make this XFree86-xserv
> curr: 1.12.0-1

Looks good, but why not relink against my library?  It really does look
nicer. :-)  Otherwise, you have my vote.

Cheers,
Nicholas