Re: xfs (font server) crashes under cygwin. Anyone got it to work?

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 01:51:39AM -0400, Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:10:33PM +1000, Greg Lane wrote:
> >I have cc'ed this to Nicholas since I'd like to know what version
> >of X he was running...
>
> Actually, wouldn't you sort of assume that Nicholas is reading this mailing
> list, since he responded to your first message.  There is rarely a need
> to cc anyone unless they expressly ask for it.

Isn't the protocol to cc someone as well as the list if they reply to
you personally as well as the list (which he did to me)? I'm new to the
cygwin lists, but that has always been the case on the FreeBSD lists.
I'm happy to adapt my posting style if need be!

The beginning note was so that the mail made sense to him arriving
straight in his INBOX if he didn't read the list first.

> >Can I just ask what Windows system you tried it on and what version of
> >cygwin X you have? Earlier Nicholas said he had it running on Windows Me,
> >but did not say what version of X he was running.
>
> Windows XP.  Latest cygwin.
> (Latest X)

Thanks, I am using the same configuration. Rather than my being completely
insane, maybe it is a real issue. I will build xfs with debugging symbols
as soon as I can get the time after this conference.

Cheers,
Greg