Debugging with Cygwin

Hi,

We have installed cygwin and we were using it for just compilation for over
a month. We just went ahead with linking and making the exe. We could make
the executable, but when we try to run the exe , We are getting a
segmentation fault(core dump).We tried to invoke the debugger to investigate
further, Once the debugger is invoked it gets us to the assembly code and it
is pointing to the main function. We could not do any further debugging to
locate the problem( though we understand this is because of incorrect use of
pointers, memory leaks etc), as we get a signal dialog and a OK click again
gets us back to main. Appreciate if you can guide me on this issue. Please
let me know if you require any more details

Thanks

> Senthil

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."