Re: XWin.exe doesn't start

Hi,

As you mentionned in your reply, set -x doesn't show whether
children processes are started as background tasks or not.
In the script I run, XWin.exe and twm are both started as
background tasks. I actually get the same result when I do
it on the command-line.

What is really strange is that this does not happen all the
times. Around 10% of the times I tried to start XWin, I
could get it to work. When I manage to have it working once,
it will always work the next times (until I reboot).
Moreover, once it fails, if I try later on, I can sometimes
get it to start.
I've tried using Exceed on another machine and this works
fine, but cannot Exceed it on my PC, so I need XWin.

It started successfully this morning, so I can use XWin for
the rest of the day...

When XWin.exe doesn't start properly, it just stays on the
list of tasks (although it doesn't seem to use any CPU
time), and I can't kill it using CygWin's kill -9, I have to
End task using WinNT task mamanger.

Thanks,

Lionel

for Xwin to
> finish before continuing on. Which is just as you
described it.
> > (At least I think that's what's happening... I don't
recall if set -x
> displays things like &'s. Seeing the actual script, and
not its output
> when -x is set in the shell, would make me more certain.)
> > Open a cygwin shell window and try just 'xwin.exe &' ,
then 'twm &' ,
> then see if twm menus activate in the xwin window.
> > Kdt
> > --- Lionel Ains wrote:
> > I'm getting difficulties to start an X server on CygWin
> > under WinNT.
> > I've installed XFree86 using the standard setup.exe
installer.
> > + export DISPLAY=LAINS-1:0.0
> > +
> > + rm -rf /tmp/.X11-unix
> > + XWin
> > + twm
> > + xsetroot -solid aquamarine4
I kill
> > it, startx returns.
-bg black
> > -e /usr/bin/bash
> > + exit
> > XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X
> > server "LAINS-1:0.0"
> > remaining.
> > XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X
> > server "LAINS-1:0.0"
> > after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events
> > remaining.
> > should check?
> > After several failures, I could manage to start XWin only
> > once (running XWin.exe directly also), but I can't get it to
> > work again, now that I have rebooted Windows.
Envoyez des messages musicaux sur le portable de vos amis
 http://mobile.lycos.fr/mobile/local/sms_musicaux/