Re: Building XWin only

Jehan Bing wrote:

I would like to try a quick hack in XWin. So I follow the instruction in http://cygwin.com/xfree/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html. But then, it rebuild everything everytime. Is there a way to rebuild XWin without having to redo everything (no clean, no doc, no fonts, no programs execpt XWin, ....)?

The config files in xc/config/cf control what is built. Create a host.def with your customizations. For example, mine that just builds XWin.exe and supporting libraries looks like:

#define BuildLibraries YES
#define BuildServersOnly YES

#define XnestServer NO
#define BuildXprint NO
#define XprtServer NO
#define XVirtualFramebufferServer NO

This is run in a cut down source tree without fonts, docs, or most of the programs. You will need to run a full "make World" from the base directory to rebuild all the Makefiles etc. You can do "make" from xc/programs/Xserver to rebuild all servers or xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin to just do XWin.exe.

- Ian

--
iburrell@znark.com
http://www.znark.com/