Re: [BUG] Fullscreen X not always showing

Harold Hunt wrote:

Randall,

Jehan is indeed talking about a real problem where XWin does not
successfully register its window.  The result is that there is no window
entry on the taskbar and you cannot switch to the application via Alt+Tab.

This is a bug and I appreciate the easily reproducible test case.  I'll take
a look at this.

Well, I was going to write a bigger explanation, but since you obviously can reproduce it. I'll skip this part :)

Personally, I like this. The details of the comings and goings of the
full-screen X window are perhaps not ideal, but it's nice that it
goes away
totally when it's not in front and that I really get the full
extent of the
monitor without any window frame / border and controls.

Would it be possible to have a mode between normal and fullscreen? I'm in fullscreen also because I don't want the window frame. But I would still like to be able to see my taskbar (to see the notification icon in the systray for instance) or to see the content of both a X window and a Windows window. Would it be possible to have a window mode but without the decoration (i.e without the WS_CAPTION, WS_SYSMENU and WS_MINIMIZEBOX style)?

Jehan