RE: ImageMagick-5.4.5-1 package ready for review/testing [take a look Chuck]

--- "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com> wrote:
> I didn't build with --enable-lzw.  As far as I can tell the
> patent has another year or so to run.  It really isn't to
> hard to rebuild it from the build script if you want to
> enable it.

You are right, of course, I had lost my mind and thought it ran out in
2002.  Oh well, personally I don't care b/c I think Unisys is exploiting
the patent unfairly, but oh well.  By the way, did you enable threading or
not?  It would be interesting to know if the posix threads are far enough
along to be of any use in speeding it up...

> I am reconsidering the C++ and perl packages.  I suspect it is
> easier to package them than either:
>  - explain why they aren't there, or
>  - remove the documentation for them.

I think this is a good idea, as Charles has pointed out before, inevitably
someone is going to ask :).

Thanks again for your hard work!

Cheers,
Nicholas