RE: [CONT] Xlib: No protocol specified (connection refused by server)

Yeah, I don't get it either... this is documented in the Cygwin/XFree86
User's Guide:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html#using-remote-apps-s
sh

Did you follow the instructions there?  Is there some sort of problem where
DISPLAY isn't getting set automatically by ssh?

Try following the instructions in the User's Guide exactly and report your
results to the list.

Harold