RE: building xwin packages

Not at all.  I've got 256 MB of RAM, a 550 MHz PIII and a UDMA/66 hard drive
(properly configured, which doesn't happen by default) on my Linux machine.
I'm also using ReiserFS which was far faster than IBM's JFS and much much
faster than SGI's XFS.  I didn't do a test build with the default FS (I'm at
a loss for the name right now) but I think it would be slower than Reiser.

Anyway, build times for XFree86 depend on a lot of things and it is not
unusual for it to take over an hour.

Harold